Remote Learning Commitment by Participating Families and Students
- Payment of full tuition: Based on equity and quality of the Remote Learning Program as well as the increased costs associated with the program, families choosing remote learning will be required to pay full tuition. Annual student fees will be assessed and determined at a later time.
- Mariners Remote Learning is a targeted program for kindergarten through 8th grade. Due to developmental needs and instructional practices of Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten we highly recommend students attend in-person instruction. Families desiring to enroll in remote learning for Kindergarten will work directly with the Elementary Principal to coordinate.
- Adherence to all attendance and behavioral expectations as outlined in the MCS Parent-Student Handbook. Remote learners are expected to attend live instruction regularly and attendance will be monitored following usual school protocols. Behavioral standards, non-uniform dress code policies, and technology use expectations fully apply.
- Length of Remote Learning Program enrollment for the following required period of time:
- Session 1: September 15 through December 18, 2020. Students enrolled in Session 1 of remote learning will be able to return to in-person learning on January 4, 2021.
- Session 2: January 4 through June 16, 2021
- Between sessions, families will indicate their intent to continue enrollment in the Remote Learning Program or transition to in-person learning. Students that transition to in-person learning will be placed in their remote learning teacher’s classroom (elementary) or will follow their remote learning schedule (middle school) to support the most seamless transition to in-person learning.
- Any necessary transition to or from Remote Learning outside of the designated sessions will be determined by administration on a case by case basis. Administration team will endeavor to keep the best interest of the students and families in mind at all times.