- Regional Stay at Home Order stating “schools that are already open for in-person learning” may remain open “with appropriate infectious disease preventative measures.”
- MCS’s Waiver approval dated Aug. 20, 2020
- CDPH’s School Reopening Framework which states “schools that have already reopened if the county was in a less restrictive tier do not have to close.”
- Adherence to operating guidelines outlined by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- A single exposure within a cohort (entire grade level for middle school and class for elementary) requires a 14 day quarantine period and transition to remote learning for all exposed students and staff. This has been implemented with our 6th and 8th grade cohorts.
- MCS will be required to shut down and transition to remote learning if >5% of the MCS community (approximately 42 students and staff) test positive over the course of 14 days.
- Face covering requirement for grades 3-8.
- Keep your child(ren) home if exhibiting any symptoms. Students should remain home 48 hours beyond symptoms and consult your pediatrician.
- Keep your child(ren) home if anyone in the family is exhibiting symptoms. In this case, we ask that you consult your family doctor and follow all medical guidance including any recommended testing.
- Keep your child(ren) home if anyone in your family has been exposed to COVID and follow quarantine protocols.
- Report honestly and quickly to the school regarding any exposure or positive family case(s). As a Christian community, we are called to honesty and to care for others. Our staff and MCS families rely on this.
- Comply with face covering requirements for grades 3-8 and communicate this expectation with your child(ren). If doing so creates concern for any family, we will fully support a transition to remote learning.
Dear MCS Community,
Each one of us, whether parent, grandparent, alumni, teacher, or friend, has a connection that binds us to this amazing school that was established in 1987. These connections are powerful and part of God’s plan to “build a firm foundation through Christ-centered education”. This mission and our school thrives because of the unwavering commitment from you, our faithful partners, who cover MCS in prayer and support.
Today, we are excited to present Mariners Christian School’s 2020 Annual Report, a one year look-back on how God moved our MCS Community to accomplish His good works as we prayerfully endeavored to Reflect the Son. We encourage you to read from cover to cover, giving thanks along with us and share this link with others who might benefit from knowing what God has done and continues to do at Mariners Christian School.
Thank you for your faithful support throughout the 2019-20 school year and for your continued support and partnership.
For His Name’s Sake,
Head of School
- All cars are to enter off Bonita Canyon. A new route has been created in the parking lot to ease traffic congestion on the street. Staff will direct this routine tomorrow.
- A second line has been created in the parking structure to increase the efficiency of health screening and students exiting cars.
- More carpool ambassadors have been added to assist students after they exit the car.
- Beginning tomorrow, all parents must drop off through carpool. Parents may not park and walk students in.
- Lanes delineating first and second carpool have been added and a member of the staff will direct traffic accordingly. Ensure you have the correct carpool color sign on your dashboard to help us direct to the correct lane. Orange for carpool 1, Yellow/green for carpool 2.
- Please turn off your engine and keep it off until the car in front of you is moving. Car engines should not be idling at any time.
- Ensure your child knows the correct carpool, first or second, where they will find you.
- All parents must remain in the car at all times.
- Write your family’s last name on the colored sign for easier identification.
- Send each child with plenty of water and a large morning snack.
- Elementary students should have a towel with them at school. It will be left at school during the week and sent home on Friday. Please send a towel with your child tomorrow if they did not have one today. Middle school students were not previously asked to bring a towel. We are now encouraging them to do so. Towels are used when on the grass during snack times and chapel.
- MCS Reception has been established in the second floor of the kid’s building. To access, park in the upper lot. The same parking lot where carpool occurs. Because the church is a closed campus, parents may only enter this area during the school day.
We hope and pray you are enjoying the final days of summer and are excited for the start of the 2020-21 school year.
As you are aware, we will begin the year on the campus of Mariners Church, Irvine. The church will host us from the first day of school, Thursday, September 17th through Friday, October 9th. The following information is provided to ensure preparation for this time.
Reopening Plan and Guidelines @ Mariners Church
- The full reopening plan communicated in August will be implemented while at the church. In addition, we will comply with all church guidelines and requirements.
- Cooperation and support from all members of the MCS community is expected. This includes:
- Face covering guidelines: strongly recommended for grades Tk-2, required for grades 3-8, required for all staff and all adults when on campus including when visiting the front desk.
- Adults on the church campus: Only school or church personnel are allowed to be on the church campus. Parents must check in at the MCS front desk area and remain in that area when on campus. Parents may not enter the church campus.
Communication, Front Desk, Health Office @ Mariners Church
- MCS has established a front desk, or reception area, at Mariners Church. This area is located off the upper parking lot in the Kid’s Ministry Building. The carpool video provided indicates this location. Late arrivals, early dismissals, health office check out, supply drop offs are to be conducted at this location.
- Communication can be relayed and staff reached by calling MCS at 714-437-1700. The call will then be forwarded to the MCS front desk line at Mariners Church. The front desk at the church can also be reached directly by calling 949-402-6149. This number has been specifically established for our time at Mariners Church.
- A designated area has also been established for our Health Office. This area will be supported by health office staff and will provide all necessary care. As always, parents will be contacted by the school nurse in the event a child is sick or injured.
Snacks and Water @ Mariners Church
- Mariners Church is a nut free campus and we ask that all families comply with this requirement. Students should bring a midday snack that they can enjoy during morning recess but please ensure the snack is nut free. In addition, students should bring plenty of water each school day as there will not be access to drinking fountains.
Uniforms @ Mariners Church
- Though a different location, uniform guidelines will still be enforced. Students are expected to be in the appropriate school uniform each day.
Morning and Afternoon Carpool @ Mariners Church
- Morning and afternoon carpool procedures have been adjusted for the time at the church. To view a video of these carpool procedures, click here. Detailed written instructions can be found here and maps of both carpool routes can be found here.
- Morning carpool will be held 7:30-7:55 and afternoon beginning at 12:20. Please do not arrive before these carpool times avoiding any standing traffic on the Mariners Church campus. Please abide by all procedures outlined in the instructions and video.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership. Here’s to a great year together!
For His Name’s Sake,
MCS Administration Team
Important Details for All Families and Students: In-person Learning and Remote Learning
Meet the Teacher Day
Return to Campus Consent Form
Daily At-Home Health Screening
School Hours Thursday, September 17th through Friday, October 9th
End Time: 12:30 pm
School and Classroom Supplies
Important Information for In-Person Learning
Daily Arrival Procedures
Late Arrivals, Early Check Outs, Health Office
After School Enrichment Camps
Important Information for Remote Learners
Head of School
- Mariners Church will host MCS for the first 3.5 weeks of school until we are back on our campus, in a beautiful new building which is another gift from God.
- Due to specified parameters, the following adjustments will be made for the time period that we will hold school at Mariners Church:
- Modified Daily Schedule for all Grades: 8:00-12:30, carpool will begin at 7:30
- Weekly Enrichment Camps: Each grade level will be invited to attend a weekly after school enrichment program on the campus of MCS.
- Meet the Teacher Day and First Day of School Adjustments: Meet the Teacher Day will now be held on Wednesday, September 16th and the first day of school on Thursday, September 17th. An additional school day has been added to the end of the year to preserve the same number of instructional days. The last day of school is now Thursday, June 17th.