MCS Community! Valentine’s Shopping event, organized by PTF to support the amazing MCS staff starts TODAY at 10am! There is an IN-STORE time from 10:00am to 6:00pm TODAY ONLY (make sure to mention Mariners Christian School at checkout). There is also an ONLINE time from Today, February 9 through February 11th (enter Mariners Christian School at the Special Instructions box)! TWO LOCATIONS to choose from, Fleur De Lys and Common Thread!
Enjoy this Tour of MCS video made by our middle school students from the Digital Media Arts and Theatre elective classes. We are so proud of our talented students!
- Regional Stay at Home Order stating “schools that are already open for in-person learning” may remain open “with appropriate infectious disease preventative measures.”
- MCS’s Waiver approval dated Aug. 20, 2020
- CDPH’s School Reopening Framework which states “schools that have already reopened if the county was in a less restrictive tier do not have to close.”
- Adherence to operating guidelines outlined by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- A single exposure within a cohort (entire grade level for middle school and class for elementary) requires a 14 day quarantine period and transition to remote learning for all exposed students and staff. This has been implemented with our 6th and 8th grade cohorts.
- MCS will be required to shut down and transition to remote learning if >5% of the MCS community (approximately 42 students and staff) test positive over the course of 14 days.
- Face covering requirement for grades 3-8.
- Keep your child(ren) home if exhibiting any symptoms. Students should remain home 48 hours beyond symptoms and consult your pediatrician.
- Keep your child(ren) home if anyone in the family is exhibiting symptoms. In this case, we ask that you consult your family doctor and follow all medical guidance including any recommended testing.
- Report honestly and quickly to the school regarding any exposure or positive family case(s). As a Christian community, we are called to honesty and to care for others. Our staff and MCS families rely on this.
- Comply with face covering requirements for grades 3-8 and communicate this expectation with your child(ren). If doing so creates concern for any family, we will fully support a transition to remote learning.
For His Name’s Sake,
Dear MCS Community,
Each one of us, whether parent, grandparent, alumni, teacher, or friend, has a connection that binds us to this amazing school that was established in 1987. These connections are powerful and part of God’s plan to “build a firm foundation through Christ-centered education”. This mission and our school thrives because of the unwavering commitment from you, our faithful partners, who cover MCS in prayer and support.
Today, we are excited to present Mariners Christian School’s 2020 Annual Report, a one year look-back on how God moved our MCS Community to accomplish His good works as we prayerfully endeavored to Reflect the Son. We encourage you to read from cover to cover, giving thanks along with us and share this link with others who might benefit from knowing what God has done and continues to do at Mariners Christian School.
Thank you for your faithful support throughout the 2019-20 school year and for your continued support and partnership.
For His Name’s Sake,
Head of School